Monday, March 9, 2009

39 - Living Agelessly; Linda Altoonian











As a Baby Boomer, just a tad beyond middle age, I find myself reading more about health, nutrition, exercise etc. I thought Living Agelessly, by Linda Altoonian might be a good choice that would cover these areas of interest, and also a good book for my Spiritually Speaking Challenge.

This book is divided into 3 parts:

PART 1: RECIPE FOR HEALTH AND FITNESS
1. Aging Gracefully: The Power of the Mind-Body-Spirit Connection
2. Food as Potent Medicine: Nutrition for a Zestful Life
3. Spice Up Your Diet: Antioxidants for an Anti-aging Lifestyle
4. Move That Body: The Best Prescription for Healthy Aging

PART II: GET READY FOR A FABULOUS RETIREMENT
5. Hitting the Road: See the World Without Breaking the Bank
6. Pay Back: The Amazing Rewards and Opportunities of Volunteering
7. Grandparenting: The Best of All Possible Worlds

PART III: TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE
8. Age-proofing Your Home: Create a Safe Environment
9. Safety on the Road: To Drive or Not to Drive?
10. Avoiding Scams and Fraud: Refuse to be a Victim
11. Taking Control: Safety Away fro Home
12. Depression, Fear and Grief: Conquering the Challenges of Aging
13. Gratitude: Honoring Those We Love

A few interesting facts for me were:

· Baby Boomers and their parents are 81 million strong
· Every year 4 million Baby Boomers turn 50.


Even though at my age I could only relate to Part I of this book, I thought there was some great information in this book for anyone between the ages of 50 and 80. The book also includes a extensive resource guide which has something some everyone in this age group.

RATING - 4/5 - COMPLETED - 3/8/09
WHERE FROM: Library

1 comment:

  1. This book does sound quite interesting. I think that it might very well be for every woman, since we all age and grow more mature, whether we like it or not. Seems like this book may help us embrace the age instead of shunning it.
    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.