Wednesday, March 11, 2009

40 - While My Sister Sleeps; Barbara Delinsky












While My Sister Sleeps, by Barbara Delinsky came to me highly recommended by some of my book group friends. It is a great story that deals with some tough issues.

One day Molly Snow receives a telephone call from the hospital about her sister Robin. She is told to come to the hospital as soon as possible. Molly is not alarmed about the call after all her sister is young, 32, a marathon runner and healthy. When Molly arrives at the hospital she is devastated by the news that her sister had suffered a massive heart attack and the prognosis is not good for her recovery.
As the family members take turns at Robin’s bedside, the family tries to cope with the fact that Robin may never recover. Molly is determined to find out what Robin would have wanted done, and when she unearths some journals belonging to her sister some surprising secrets are revealed.

A page turner and a touching story dealing with sensitive issues, this book is recommended.

RATING – 4.5/5 STARS - COMPLETED – 3/10/09
WHERE FROM: Library

2 comments:

  1. I like Delinsky's books and look forward to reading this one. I am glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Delinsky in years, but maybe I should try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.