Sunday, May 31, 2009

May in a Nut Shell

May was here and gone before I knew it. As far as my reading goes, I read (3) more books in May than I did in April and I did try and focus on reading a few more review books. I liked most of the (15) books that I read in May. I am thrilled with the fact only (2) of the books were library books and the other (13) from my stacks. This is something I have been trying to get better at.


By Title: MAY

65. The Simplest of Acts: And Other Stories; Haney 4/5 (review)
66. Apologize, Apologize!; Kelly - 2/5 (audio)
67. Peony in Love: A Novel; Lisa See - 4.5/5 (audio)
68.
Shanghai Girls: A Novel; Lisa See - 4.5/5 (review)
69.
All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome; Hoopmann - 5/5
70. Happy for No Reason: 7 Steps to Being Happy from the Inside Out; Marci Shimoff - 4/5 (audio)
71. Gringos in Paradise: An American Couple Builds Their Retirement Dream House in a Seaside Village in Mexico
; Barry Golson - 4/5
72.
Prayers for Sale; Sandra Dallas - 4.5/5 (review)
73.The Visibles: A Novel ;Sara Shepard - 4/5 (review)
74. The Bone Garden: A Novel
; Tess Gerritsen - 3.5/5
75.
Life Without Summer: A Novel; Lynne Griffin - 5/5
76. Dark Places: A Novel; Gillian Flynn - 4/5 (review)
77. Home Safe: A Novel; Elizabeth Berg - 2/5
78. The Dark Tide; Andrew Gross - 4/5 (audio)

79. The Blue Notebook: A Novel; James Levine - 5/5 (review)


Favorite Books of the Month

Challenge Progress - 2009:

  • Total Books Read in 2009 - 79
  • 100+ Books Challenge for 2009 - 79/100
  • New Authors Challenge for 2009 - 49/50
  • A - Z Challenge for 2009 - 21/26
  • Support Your Local Library Challenge for 2009 - 41/50
  • Read Your Own Books Challenge for 2009 - 38/100
  • John Steinbeck Mini Challenge – 1/2
  • Spiritually Speaking Challenge - 3/6
  • Spring Reading Thing Challenge – 15/15 - COMPLETED
  • War Through the Generations Challenge - 2/5
  • Cozy Mystery Challenge - 2/6
  • Non Fiction Five 3/5
  • Summer Vacation Reading Challenge – 3/6

Completed 2009 Challenges

  • 2009 Spring Reading Thing Challenge – 15/15
  • 2009 In Their Shoes - 4/4
  • 2009 Pub Challenge- 14
  • 2009 Audio Book Challenge-12/12

How did you enjoy your month?

7 comments:

  1. Great reading month! 14 books is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been doing a great job on your challenges! I've been trying to read more from my stacks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you had a great month! Congrats on getting a lot of books off your own stack read-that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a great month of reading. I have Dark Places on my TBR list, glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME! I so need to stop and get organized - my page counts are not up to date and I my spreadsheet is a mess and once behind it is so hard to clean it all back together. I'm very impressed with your stats.
    Are you in RI? that photo at the top is in Rhode Island, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great month! I also read a lot this month, the most I have ever read at 13 books. Whew! I can't believe it. You read a lot of books that are on my TBR list now. You are doing great with your challenges. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What an awesome reading month!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.