Monday, November 30, 2009

November Reading in Review

How was your November?   I had a rough month with the death of my brother, but I am thrilled that I read some great books which really helped me out. In addition, thanks to the Thankfully Reading Weekend, I was able to read more book than I would have --all things considered.

I read (15) books, and the quality of my reads was very good.  My favorite book was, The Christmas List; Richard Paul Evans, although  (6) others will also be highly recommended with 4.5/5 ratings.

Of the (15) books I did read, (7) were review books. I read (3) non fiction books and listened to (2) audio books. (11/15) books were from my stacks, and 4 came from the library. Here is a summary:

November

171. The Haunting of Hill House; Shirley Jackson - 4.5/5
172. Still Life; Louise Penny - 4/5
173  Picking Bones From Ash; Mockett - 4.5/5
174. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane; Howe - 4/5
175. Traveling With Pomegranates; Kidd Monk - (audio) 1/5
176. Have a Little Faith; Mitch Albom - 4.5/5
177. The Humbling; Philip Roth - 3/5
178. Away; Amy Bloom - (audio) 4/5
179. The Man Who Loved Books Too Much; Bartlett - 4.5/5 (review)
180. The Christmas Dog; Carlson - 4/5 (review)
181. Her Fearful Symmetry; Niffenegger - 4/5 (review)
182.Await Your Reply; Chaon - 4.5/5 (review)
183. The Christmas List; Richard Evans - 5/5
184. Wishin and Hopin'; Wally Lamb - 4.5/5 (review)
185. Malcolm X (Bio); Myers - 4/5


Completed Challenges (November)

  • Clear Off Your Shelves
  • Read Your Own Books
Open Challenges

  • A-Z Challenge - 25/26
  • War Through the Generations WWII - 4/5
  • Fall Into Reading Challenge – 14/15
  • 2009 Christmas Reading Challenge - 3/4
     
  •  Completed Challenges for 2009 - (15)

  • Hope you had a good month as well!

8 comments:

  1. Diane, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope that you are doing okay. My thoughts are with you.

    I am reading The Christmas List right now. I have heard nothing but good things about this book so far. I can say I'm really liking it!

    I launched my Christmas blog today so I hope you'll stop by. It's very festive...I think you will enjoy it! Here's the link: http://christmasspirit-thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/

    Michelle =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, you are far more organized than me! You did read a great deal in November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy! Those are some great books you've read, Diane! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering what you had to deal with in November I'm amazed that you were able to read that many books. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother...You will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a good reading month! We read a couple of the same books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great month of reading! I know you must still be hurting and grieving - you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Considering all you were dealing with in November you sure got a lot of reading done. Reading is such a good escape when you need it. I hope you're doing well or as well as you can be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.