Thursday, March 13, 2014

Coming Soon to a Book Store Near You ~ Worst. Person. Ever.; Douglas Coupland


While trying to prioritize my lengthy list of new books coming out in 2014, I decided to try a new feature on my blog. I'm hoping this idea will hopefully serve a few purposes: keep me focused on books I'd like to read, give a little PR to the authors (especially new authors) who worked so hard getting published, and to let other readers know about books that will be hitting the book stores soon (within the next 90 days).
 
Here's my "Coming Soon to a Book Store Near You" pick for today -


Worst. Person. Ever. - Douglas Coupland
April 3 - 2014 - Penguin, Blue Rider Press 
Description

Raymond Gunt likes to think of himself as a pretty decent guy—he believes in karma, and helping his fellow man, and all that other good stuff. Sure, he can be foulmouthed, occasionally misogynistic, and can just generally rub people the wrong way—through no fault of his own! So with all the positive energy he’s creating, it’s a little perplexing to consider the recent downward spiral his life has taken…Could the universe be trying to tell him something?

            A B-unit cameraman with no immediate employment prospects, Gunt decides to accept his ex-wife Fiona’s offer to shoot a Survivor-style reality show on an obscure island in the Pacific. With his upwardly failing sidekick, Neal, in tow, Gunt somehow suffers multiple comas and unjust imprisonment, is forced to reenact the “Angry Dance” from the movie Billy Elliot, and finds himself at the center of a nuclear war—among other tribulations and humiliations.


            A razor-sharp portrait of a morally bankrupt, gleefully wicked modern man, Worst. Person. Ever. is a side-splittingly funny and gloriously filthy new novel from acclaimed author Douglas Coupland. A deeply unworthy book about a dreadful human being with absolutely no redeeming social value, it’s guaranteed to brighten up your day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does this sound like a book you might add to your wish list?

10 comments:

  1. The title alone made me take a second look, and then you had me at this part: " A razor-sharp portrait of a morally bankrupt, gleefully wicked modern man, Worst. Person. Ever. is a side-splittingly funny and gloriously filthy new novel from acclaimed author Douglas Coupland."

    I'll add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure the book is for me but I love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the review and that book cover is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a book for me but I could see this book being a kick in the pants for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In answer to your question, nope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably note, but I do like the title too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, I don't know if it's for me, though I love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure about this book either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First I've heard of this one. I like Coupland's writing so it's a maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Douglas Coupland, but I am so behind on reading him. I need to do better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.