Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Fear Nothing; Lisa Gardner

Fear Nothing; Lisa Gardner
Dutton - Brilliance Audio

Boston Police Detective D.D. Warren is back in this latest installment by Lisa Gardner. Fear Nothing starts out with a heart-pounding scene and never lets go. It's bad news for the detective Warren when she foolishly returns to a murder scene late at night alone. When she hears a noise and tries to check it out, she is pushed down a flight of stairs, never seeing her assailant. She is severely injured and put out of commission.

To help her deal with the pain, she sees a doctor, Adeline Glen who specializes in pain management. A doctor, who herself has never experienced pain, due to a rare genetic disorder that prevents her from feeling pain. There's more to  Dr. Glen that's a little out of the ordinary as well. Dr. Glen's biological father, now deceased, was a serial killer and her sister Shana, is now incarcerated having committed her first of several murders at age 14. Now there seems to be some connection between the Rose Killer and Dr. Glen's killer kin, and maybe sister Shana can help.

This story is one of Lisa Gardner's finest, in my opinion. Without giving too much away, this audio book kept me in my car far longer than I normally would with most audio books. It's a story that has mail-biting moments, has you guessing, throws you off track and is just totally engrossing. Readers who enjoy psychological thrillers should be sure to add this one to your list. Kirsten Potter does an awesome job as narrator.

4.5/5 stars 
(library audiobook)

11 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I've ever tried Gardner's work but it sure sounds like I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound good although psychological thrillers give me nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent review Diane, I will definitely put this on my list. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great one for the car! I'll keep it in mind for my next road trip.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this author and this series...this one is on my wish list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting story. Good that the main characters, detective, doctor, are females. I'll keep this in mind. I like to listen to audiobooks while I drive too. And yes, sometimes I'll keep circling the neighbouring to listen on instead of going back home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, this dos sound very compelling. I'm adding this one to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love D.D. Warren and have requested this book on audio even though I have it in print.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I read one of thise series out of order without realizing it and it bothered me. I haven't gone back to start at the beginning. Too many series these days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are my favorite kinds of audiobooks. I haven't yet read anything by Lisa Gardner, and think I'll give her a try via audio.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everytime I read a Lisa Gardner review I want to pick one of her books up again. I couldn't get enough of her in high school and then at some point I dwindled. Maybe this is the book I need to get back in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.