Tuesday, March 11, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph ~Tuesday Intros ~ Fear Nothing, Lisa Gardner

Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us? Today's pick is a book that released in January, by an author I've enjoyed in the past.

Fear Nothing; Lisa Gardner
Dutton and Brilliance Audio - 2014

PROLOGUE 

"Rockabye, baby, on the treetop.... 

The body was gone, but not the smell.  As Boston homicide detective D.D. Warren knew from experience, this kind of scene could hold the stench of blood for weeks, even months to come.  The crime scene techs had removed the bedding, but still, blood had a life of its own.  Seeping into drywall. Slipping behind wooden trim.  Pooling between floorboards.  Twenty-eight year-old Christine Ryan used to have approximately 4.7 liters of blood pumping through her veins.  Now most of it saturated the bare mattress occupying center stage of this grim, gray space. 

When the wind blows, the cradle will rock... 

The call had come in shortly after 9:00a.m. Good friend Midge Roberts had grown concerned when Christine hadn't answered the knocks on her front door or the texts to her cell phone.  Christine was a responsible kind.  Didn't oversleep, didn't run off with a cute bartender, didn't come down with the flu without providing a heads-up to her best bud, who picked her up promptly at seven thirty each weekday morning for their joint commute to a local accounting firm."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   
What do you think? Would you keep reading? Feel free to join us by linking your First Chapter post below.

19 comments:

  1. Lisa Gardner is always good. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Lisa Gardner. I would go on.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lisa Gardner's books, and this one is on my list. Great intro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to start a detective story. I'd like to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good crime story and this one certainly hooks you in, so yes, I would continue. I haven't read anything by Lisa Gardner yet, so have to look out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a compelling prologue. It certainly pulls the reader right into the story.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The intro pulled me in, but not sure if this would be a story for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had a Lisa Gardner book on my TBR list for awhile now - I should pick it up - she sounds like a good thriller writer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this author a lot but never read anything by her. This one does sound good.
    I'm spotlighting The Moon Sisters this week.
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/03/tuesday-meme-moon-sisters.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never read Lisa Gardner, but would give this a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a rather gruesome opening, but I am interested in finding out what happened to the victim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never read Lisa Garner, so don't know if the creeepiness will continue, but I would give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes! I love D.D. Warren and would keep reading or listening as Kirsten does a great job narrating.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that was a very descriptive opening paragraph--but I couldn't go on from there. Thanks so much for hosting and stopping by today. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm... sad. Not sure I'd have the stomach for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gruesome opening! It grabs my attention.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.