Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April Reading in Review

April was a bit of a blur for me as we awaited the late arrival of our second grandchild. I found myself kind of anxious, so thank goodness that baby has arrived and is doing really well. Here's what my month in books looked like -- (6) audio books and (6) print books (YTD)- 46 books
  1. Alice Close Your Eyes; Averil Dean - 2/5 - (arc) (April)
  2. King and Maxwell; David Baldacci (audio) - 4.5/5 (April)
  3. Cell; Robin Cook (audio) 4/5 (April)
  4. New Life, No Instructions; Gail Caldwell (eGalley)- 4/5 (April)
  5. Trespass; Rose Tremain (audio) - 4/5 April (no review)
  6. The Little Ted Hen and the Passover Matzah; Kimmelman - (library) 5/5
  7. Where'd You Go, Bernadette; Maria Semple (audio) 3/5 April
  8. Our Deepest Secrets; Carla Buckley (audio/eGalley) -  4/5 April
  9. The Weight of Blood; Laura McHugh (audio/eGalley) - 4.5/5 April 
  10. Dept of Speculation; Jenny O'fill (arc) - 4.5/5 April 
  11. Shotgun Lovesongs; Nickolas Butler (eGalley) 4/5 - April
  12. Cambridge; Susanna Kaysen - (arc) - 3.5/5 - April
I enjoyed most of what I read, but the biggest surprise for me was  -- Dept of Speculation; Jenny O'fill - If you haven't read this little gem, I do recommend it.


May Plans --

There are so many books that I want to read in May, but I know I won't get to all of them.  Without looking at the list I made, the random ones that come to mind are:
How was your month? Any plans for May?

16 comments:

  1. That was a darn good month! That would be a year for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a GREAT reading month, Diane! I will keep an "extra" eye out for Department of Speculation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy that all is well with your grandchild! I'm reading You Should Have Known - about 2/3 through - liking it a lot so far. I need to look up some of the ones you read for April. - a couple look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your thoughts on Frog Music. Glad that baby is doing well. I never plan my reading. It never works for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great month Diane! Congratulations again on your new grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congratulations on your new grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great month, and congrats on the grandlittle! Happy May reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on Ruin Falls. Yay for the new grandbaby! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had such a great reading month in April that the reviews will take me through May! I'm having such great luck with books lately, I don't want to stop reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a very good month of reading, Diane! 12 books and waiting for your grandchild! I had one of my worst reading months in a long time - only 2 books read. My plan for May is to read more books! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dept of Speculation is on the top of my TBR pile for this month thanks to so many wonderful reviews by bloggers. I hope to get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous month for you! I can finally way my grandson arrives next month! :o). My April was a slow reading month for me. Dept. of Speculation is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I'm off to check out Dept of Speculation - hadn't heard of it before!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great month! your recommendation is on my list. here is my wrap-up: http://wordsandpeace.com/2014/05/01/2014-april-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, another great month! I'm still scarred from Donaghue's Room that I can't talk myself into reading her new release. I hope this changes after reading a reviews from people I trust.

    I'm off to look at Dept of Speculation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you had a great month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.