It's beginning to feel like summer really is slipping away -- kids will be headed back to school, 50 degree nights and 70 degree days and, apple picking time has begun. I love fall but, just don't feel ready to say goodbye to summer yet.
I've enjoyed my summer blogging break and hope to get back to posting a little more frequently beginning in September and, of course, it's time to start thinking about my fall reading list: more mysteries and, yes, Stephen King's September release: Sleeping Beauties.
My reading was way down this summer but, I wouldn't have changed a thing -- sometimes books just aren't the most important thing -- did I really say that? LOL.
August Reads (6) books
(YTD (70) books
- Orhan's Inheritance; Aline Ohanesian (library-book group read) - 4/5 (August/2017)
- Papa: My Story; David Ortiz - 4/5 (library) (August/2017)
- Grief Cottage; Gail Godwin - 4.5/5 (eGalley) (August/2017)
- A Stranger in the House; Shari Lapena - 4/5 (audio) (August/2017)
- The Lauras; Sara Taylor - 4/5 (arc) (August/2017)
- Home going; Yaa Gyasi (reread-book group) 4.5/5 August/2017
- Little Fires Everywhere; Celeste Ng (eGalley)
- The Almost Sisters; Joshilyn Jackson (audio)
- Before, During, After; Richard Bausch (ARC)
We were on a roll in August with winning movies at the theaters. With the exception of Dunkirk, all were seen a Indie theater which gets the greatest films. Maudie, Wind River and Inconvenient Sequel were all excellent and highly recommended. Dunkirk was good as well but, war movies just aren't my thing. (Maudie and Wind River were based on true stories -- excellent) and Inconvenient Sequel, very well done.
How was your month for books and movies?